ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
We are looking for a resourceful and result-driven industrial engineer to join us. Align Technology is dedicated to transforming lives by improving the journey to a healthy, beautiful smile and we need you to achieve that. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly collaborative environment; have an interest in product engineering and takes pride in delivering high quality work.
The main responsibilities of this internship may include: Creation and update of capacity models to enable the correct resources requirements plans to meet customer demand at the expected service levels. Development, assessment and deployment of the correct headcount and space requirements plans in the short and long term. Identification of appropriate production control metrics and developing actions plans to drive continuous improvement and to prevent and/or correct headcount and space shortages. Providing technical support for on-going production continuous improvement initiatives, collaborate with the corresponding internal departments on designing and executing process changes.
- Participate, develop, test, and implement projects with a medium-low level of complexity that require medium to low-supervision.
- Investigate and propose new ideas to improve the quality, lead-time, space utilization and Cost per case.
- Research, develop and implement projects from the beginning to completion.
- Use statistical tools, problem solving, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools as needed.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
SCOPE & COMPLEXITY
- Applies basic knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Work on problems of limited scope.
- Builds stable working relationship internally.
- Learns to use professional concepts.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routines issues.
- Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
LEADERSHIP & CONTRIBUTION
- Contributing Independently.
Bachelor Degree (or in process to achieve it) from a four-year college or university in Industrial Engineer or any related field.
No experience required.
We are looking for a bilingual student (English-Spanish).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with computers and standard software programs (Excel, Word, e-mail, etc.).
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in data analysis.
Knowledge in Power Bi, SQL, Minitab & R it’s a plus.