Intern EH&S (12 months) Job
Boston Scientific's hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Remote Eligible: OnsiteOnsite Location(s):
Heredia, H, CR
Additional Locations: Costa Rica-Heredia
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - Caring - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
To develop, implement, and ensure continuous improvement of the Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) systems. The primary purposes of these systems are: 1) maintaining compliance with the requirements of Boston Scientifics’ corporate EH&S policies and requirements and all applicable national, state, and local regulations, 2) driving EH&S performance improvements across the site, and 3) capturing and communicating information describing EH&S roles, responsibilities, and contribution. 4) Lead the direct reports under him/her. This position will report directly to the EH&S Supervisor.
You're Responsibilities include:
- Main responsible for Safety, Environment, Emergency Response and Occupational Health programs implementation and programs health for the Business/Facility assigned.
- Local Safety/ER/OH regulations compliance.
- Definition and documentation of Safety/IH & OH indicators.
- Incidents & Injuries Investigations support.
- EHS Engineer will be the main responsible of several Safety/ER & OH Programs as requested (program owner).
- Develop and implement new EH&S programs, policies, procedures, and training related to field of expertise.
- Maintain and report site EH&S metrics, statistics, and records to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements, systems and fulfill corporate reporting and information needs.
- Support management to reduce workplace injury frequency and severity rates.
- Advocate for EH&S as a core value of Boston Scientific and provide regular communications within the EH&S team regarding EH&S activities and performance.
- Chair or serve on EH&S-related committees, task forces and/or cross functional teams as applicable.
- Conduct EH&S compliance audits, self-assessments, and inspections throughout the facilities.
- Conduct and/or coordinate periodic industrial hygiene, safety, and environmental sampling/testing.
- Conduct chemical and SDS risk assessments, as well as operations risk assessments to specify engineering controls, and other regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Identify hazardous workplace conditions and establishes guidelines for compliance, risk and injury reduction.
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable local, national and state regulations.
- Provide regulatory guidance and recommendations for equipment specifications/installations, and facilities modifications.
- Participate in regulatory inspections and serve as liaison with regulatory agencies.
- Specify requirements and develop systems to ensure on-going operational permits compliance.
- Serve as EH&S representation in cross functional operation projects for new process/chemical introduction, capacity expansion, facility changes, new equipment introduction, etc.
- May be responsible or contributor for the implementation of the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System (ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and Carbon Neutral).
What we're looking for
- Academic background: Occupational Safety, Health or Environmental Engineering
- Active student certification.
- At least 80% of the career approved (Bachelor´s or Licentiate degree).
- English level: 80% or above.
- Availability of 38 - 40 hours per week in site
Requisition ID: 529987
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Job Segment: Medical, Intern, Engineer, Law, Compliance, Healthcare, Entry Level, Engineering, Legal